Friday, October 30, 2009

Ms.Royalty – Claiming her crown in the industry.

Stephanie Ike known as Ms.Royalty, you may probably remember her face from several billboards in Lagos, Nigeria and London, UK from her modeling career which started at the age of 13. At such a young age, she has accomplished what many of us are yet to imagine. Starting her own Entertainment Company- Afrikan Royalty Entertainment at age 18 which is based in the Inland Empire, California she has worked alongside with artists such as; Ray J, Electrik Red, Jeremih, Big Boi ad many more. Currently, her company is a part of the first HIV/AIDS awareness concert in the biggest county in the United States- San Bernardino Ft. Trey Songz, Miguel, Meaku and many more. CODE RED met up with Ms.Royalty and asked her certain questions, below is her responses:

Where did the name Afrikan Royalty Entertainment Come from?

Well as you know, I am African by Blood, Royalty by God and Entertainment by Business, I put it together and it sounded splendid.

How did you get involved in the Industry at such a young age of 13?

My mother is a business woman to the core, my father passed away when I was younger and my mother made sure she gave us the best in life, so watching her business ethics and her way of life, I knew from about age 9 that I want that, I want to be successful in my own name, not by inheritance, or trust fund, but by my own sweat. So, later on I realized that I loved to watch fashion shows and all that and wanted to get involved in modeling, my mother was my manger gave me her full support, I look like a model ( lol- that’s my confidence talking ) so I went ahead with it, in less than a year, I got an offer to host a tv show, I was modeling for phone companies, banks, lotions and it was great, my mother was teaching me the ways to handle certain aspects in life in a business outlook. So I matured way faster for my age.

Who is your biggest Inspiration?

Firstly, God, because the Bible defines who we are, it says we are Great, we are fearfully and wonderfully made, we are blessed and highly favored and I wanted to live up to that standard. That everything I set my mind on will prosper because God has given me favor. Secondly, my mother- she is a very strong woman, highly educated, business minded, great heart and successful so she is my drive in life.

There have been rumors of future projects you have going on in Nigeria as well as the UK that has been featured with your name in magazines, is that true?

It’s no rumors, I wouldn’t go in detail about them right now, I rather let my actions speak for me on that because as of now, everything is still in the process of becoming..

On a personal level- is there a special someone in your life and what do you look for in a man?

There are special people in my life, am I in a relationship with any of them? No, because before you get in a relationship you need to know the person you’re falling for is willing to catch you. In a man I look for consistency and a man who has the fear of God in his heart.

What can you say to those who are inspired by whom you are and who you are becoming?

Stay true to yourself; believe in yourself, because if you can’t believe in what you doing how do you expect others to. Never settle for less and become comfortable with that. Strive to achieve more, be more and remember it’s not that you cannot afford a certain item but it is how you can afford it, don’t look at what others are doing but think of what you want to do and get it done.

15 comments:

Bolaji Ahmed said...

i just read about her recently in a magazine, i think it was Ace or something like that. fucking beautiful girl and at her age what she is doing is amazing working alongside people like ben bruce dammn i need to step up

Mariam said...

i know stephanie is going to blow up, in high school, mtn wanted to make her their spokes person and she was like 14!!!!! Like she said, she is favored by God.

Tiff White said...

Steffi's life is very secretive, you think you know her but u have no idea about her unless you ACTUALLY know her. her drive in life is indescribable, she wants something, she gets it, whether it takes a day, a month, a year as long as she got it. very positive, fun to be around, never a dull moment, if i was a guy i will marry her- no homo.

bella said...

i have heard a lot of good stuff about this chic, have been trying to get in touch with her but can't locate her. does she have a facebook or a twitter or myspace?

lekan said...

Ralph i am glad you did this interview. all of a sudden there has been a big buzz going around about who is Ms.Royalty?, now i actually have an idea about who she is. the next question now is: when she go come our side?

Anonymous said...

This na chux sister now. Omo this babe fine oooooh.

Kenneth said...

i have heard rumors about her and this nigerian aritst, wouldn't expose who it is but they looked like they made a great couple. but now that i know she is single, that gave me a reason to smile today.

pete said...

just seen her in the papers. young, african & fabulous. we men complain about finding a good woman and here is one right in front of our screen what are we waiting for?

Celina George said...

I love my soror. Steffi is such a great person to be around, very humble, very caring, goofy. you will never know whether she has $1 or $1million because she is always happy about life, very spiritual person, i am honestly inspired from her and i know she is going to become a person the world will know and love. she is someone to keep in your life. SKEEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEE

Dewunmi said...

Y'ello MTN! i can't forget this face, she use to do the MTN commercials. didn't she also win miss Amambra? this is great to read and see that our Nigerian women are making a name rather than some of this women who just want to marry rich and sleep. Bella i just searched her, her facebook name is Ms.Royalty Ike. btw she is very beautiful

Mr.Royalty said...

Abeg who be the mugu that doesn't want to catch her, please if you fall for me i will catch u before u even start falling.

Ciara White said...

LoL....Ms Royalty you tomuch!

Sam said...

If you know the family Stephanie comes from and who are mother is then her being successful in life is not even a question. i respect your grind - keep it up

yourfriendjohn said...

this babe sexy die. i meet her a couple years back at the big brother nigeria house back when Glo's son was chasing her, she didn't even care to know him then i knew she was someone to know. if you see how babes will be begging just to get his card, the man was now chasing her, and she just kept walking away as if he be air wey she no see am. i won laugh die. Glad to see she is doing good. will add her on FB

Jay@ Dish TV Blog said...

You are beautiful! Love your work.
Best regards,
Jay